"We Are The Underground"
Here on AC we strive for the photos on our site to be the best, and the most varied in the scene; because of that, we have photo uploading rules and guidelines that EVERYONE must follow. Since we dont have a discussion thread on it, I thought this would be a good time to have a little chat.
You can of course find our site and photo rules here. We feel that it's important for everyone to read these as soon as they join AC, so that they understand how we operate. If you have questions, you can always ask here in the forum, or message a Madam.
But some rules and guidelines need a little more explaining, so that is the purpose of this thread, to make sure we are all on the same page when it comes to photos.
1. Similar Looking Photos. We only let a small number of photos that have the same look go up on any one persons profile. Whether they are professional modeling, amateur modeling, or candid shots. The number is 5-10 (this number is at the Madams discretion) with the same type of background, wardrobe, hair makeup, people etc.
2. Amateur Modeling Photos. We also only allow a small number of amateur modeling photos per profile. We understand that not everyone has professional photos, so we of course allow a few, but we try to cap that number at around 10 (at the Madams discretion) as well. We understand that many aspiring models have not gotten a chance to work with a pro, so one or two sets to show what you can do is fine, and encouraged. However, "myspace" type photos, webcam shots, bathroom cell phone photos and blurry cell phone/point and shoot shots DO NOT count as amateur modeling. We have allowed a few of these up until this point, but they will no longer be approved.
3. Candid Photos (Lifestyle Related). Candid photos of you and your friends, fashion shows, events, cons, etc are fine, as long as you understand that, again, there is a cap on how many you can have (this number is also at the Madams discretion), and that they must be Lifestyle Related. This means fetish, cosplay, steampunk, goth, ...anything in our scene. This does not include holidays (including halloween), your pets, your yard, random people doing stupid things, and unless your breakfast has a tattoo and is wearing latex, we don't wanna see it. Those type of photos belong on Facebook, not here.
4. Children. We do not allow photos of children on AC. Unless you are a vendor who makes children's clothes and are posting them to show your work, photos of children will be declined.
5. Product Posting. Here on AC, we LOVE our vendors, and we want you to show off your products. However, you MUST have a model in your photos. You can read more about our product posting policies here. Also, please be aware that AC is not a place to sell your products from your page, but your page is a great place to post images and info to drive traffic from the lifestyle to your site. You can also post about promotions on your page and in the forum.
6. Nudity. We do not, under any circumstances, allow nude photos on PL. Please do not upload them. They will be declined, and you will be put on a Madam's watch list.... and trust me, you don't want to be on that list!
7. Pin Up Style Photos. While we do allow Alt Pin Up photos on AC (fetish, horror, etc), we have a sister site dedicated to the Pin Up Lifestyle. Check out www.pinuplifestyle.com for all types of pin up styles, you may find that if you have classic pin up photos they would be a better fit over there.
8. Art. All art must follow the above rules. Not too many of the same type, no children, no nudes, and must be lifestyle related.
Lastly, please understand that this is a private site, you had to be approved as a member, we do this for a reason. We want everyone here to feel as if they belong to a family, and it's the job of the Madams and the AC Team to keep our family safe. That means that everything that gets approved is at our discretion. If we don't feel that it belongs, or is offensive, we will decine or delete it.
Thank you for your understanding, and I hope that is clears up some peoples confusion. Feel free to ask questions or discuss below.
Thank you for posting this. It really helps clear up a few questions.
So glad that it helped you out, Butterfly! If you ever have any questions, you cal always let a Madam know or send an email to the AltCollective Team (link at the bottom of every page).